Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Can't Believe It

Seven years ago today I held you in my arms. I trembled at the thought of being a father. At the same time, I instantly became a dreamer. I dreamed about who you might be, what you might do, and how you would do it. I felt sure that you would change the world. My chest expanded and my eyes leaked tears of joy. But most of all I could not stop thanking God.

This morning it seemed like that baby should be looking back at me. Instead there was this little boy who is quickly growing into a man. I couldn't believe it but there you were. To tell you the truth part of me is still scared, and all of me still dreams. Now I dream of a godly man who leads a godly family, living for the glory of God. I long for the day when it comes.

I love you, son. You are a gift from God and a great joy to me. I do not deserve you. You constantly remind me of the love of God. After all, my heavenly Father gave up his son for me. I hope you have a great one with many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment