Monday, June 22, 2009

Devastated

David Platt left the convention breathless tonight. The first five minutes of his message was the quotation of Scripture. Then he explained Hebrews 13 mixed with passionate stories from the mission field. He asked, "Are you going to die in your religion or die in your devotion?" It was like God stabbed me in the heart, and I was not alone.

What followed was amazing. The leaders of the conference decided to take an offering for world missions, because we have a major shortfall. When all was said and done, the conference took up $43,000 dollars for world missions tonight.

I saw first hand the way God devastates us with the word and then cleanses us and sends us into action. There is so much going on in my heart that I can barely sleep. I pray that I will never be the same, that our family will never be the same, and that our church will never be the same. To God be the glory. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! I wished I could be there, but I appreciate you posting updates. I am praying for you right now brother, that you will be encouraged and come back with zeal that will penetrate this community.

    ReplyDelete