Friday, August 14, 2009

Faith Inspires

I remember sitting there for the first public information meeting about Christ's Legacy Academy--a classical Christian school that started this year. The speaker stood up and made his presentation. He explained what classical, Christian education was and why it is a good model. What was most notable, however, was what he could not say. He could not say how much tuition would be. He could not name the headmaster. He could not even give a location. But he did make it very clear that school would begin in August.

I remember leaving there with mixed feelings. On the one hand, I saw the difficulties ahead. On the other, I saw a group of people with a seeming indomitable confidence that God would make it happen.

Over the past few months I have watched God do just that. He provided a headmaster and a location. He provided a staff bent on excellence. Yes God provided but he provided through hard work. God only knows how many hours the board of directors put in this year. But all along the way they have projected a desire to be a part of something great that is contagious.

I thank God for this example. It has inspired me in many ways, and I hope to have the same influence in other's lives--by calling them to great things for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment