Thursday, July 9, 2009

Freedom in God's Will

Here is one follow up thought from the life of Adoniram Judson. He worked with the constant threat of death. In that atmosphere, how do you serve the Lord? Judson once said, "[I]t is possible my life will be spared, if so, with what zeal shall I pursue my work! If not--His will be done. The door will be open for others who will do the work better (see Akin, 5 Who
Changed the World
, 28)."

What freedom there is in serving God! If my life is spared today, with what zeal shall I follow Him. If I die, his will be done. His work will not stop!

Invest your life that way today. Invest in work that will out live you. With zeal give yourself to the mission of God with the freedom that this work will out-last you.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Shane and to other readers,
    This past wednesday night was defintely a call to arise and go. Isn't it neat that the same voice that summoned Judson, is the same voice that's summoning us? Thanks Shane for your committment and zeal for our community. Our church and community are in good hands.
    Scott Thompson

    ReplyDelete