Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loved by God Through the Body

Last night the church we serve, Double Springs Baptist, threw a surprise anniversary party for Kim and I. We were totally overwhelmed at the goodness of God who placed us in this body. As I thought about it, I rejoiced. I rejoiced at the intensity of shared love within the body. It is with good reason that John said, "By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers (1 John 3:16)."

Part of me, however, grieves. I grieve because I know that in our area there are so may de-churched people. They have not experienced such love and have cut themselves off from the body of Christ. They simply do not know what they are missing.

If you are one of these people, do the hard thing and find a church. Find a church that preaches the Bible and strives to live it. You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment